Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fiona Watts bird-spiration 2: be-birded tray

Fueled by the success of my other bird doodle projects( see http://thefeverishfeltist.blogspot.hu/2013/05/fiona-watts-bird-spiration.html) (and also the fact that I enjoy drawing them) I made a tray for my husband's grandma as a birthday present. I bought a plain wooden tray at the craftshop and used acrylic paint and a permanent marker for the contour and varnish.













I was able to finish this during roughly 1.5 nap-times discounting the varnish. Of course nap-times are subject to variability given the difference between children... so I'd say about 2- 2.5 hours for the whole tray, but I used a hair blow drier to hasten the drying of the paint.:)

I plan to make one for our house as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment